Summer Lawn Fertilizer
We’ve all heard it, and yes even I have preached it in the past. Lay off the fertilizer in the summer time and during stress periods. However, with the release of the PGF Complete lawn fertilizer, we now feel comfortable with doing a summer application. Read some summer lawn fertilizing tips below.
PGF COMPLETE will be listed on Amazon around July 4th. Sign up for the alerts and we’ll let you know.
The Past Issues of Summer Fertilizing
A person goes out and buys a “big box store” 30-0-5 fertilizer that contains ONE source of nitrogen. A few days of heavy rains come in and an excess of nitrogen is released on the lawn. The rain stops and is followed by two weeks of drought. HENCE THE BURN. We have learned that by varying the sources, release times, and keeping it milder… we do not see lawn burning issues from summer fertilizing with the new PGF Complete.
Summer Fertilizing Tips
- If you have an irrigation system, you have no issues. Just make sure your lawn gets 1 inch of water per week.
- No irrigation? Do your best to get SOME water on the lawn.
- The PGF COMPLETE is a mild slow release fertilizer and when APPLIED AS STATED on the bag, it’s a pretty safe summer bet.
- You can apply the PGF Complete over organic fertilizers after about 3 weeks.
- To get a jump start on the release, lightly water every night for about 4 days.
- If you spray super juice also, make sure you spray in the 7-1-2 ratio.
Again, this is the FIRST lawn fertilizer that we feel comfortable recommending for summer applications. All lawns will show damage if a severe drought hits, but once it rains, the recovery will be amazing. Just be patient.