Here are some of the solutions…
KEEP IN MIND… I often head off to Lowes or Home Depot only to find that these products are sold out or they don’t have the right size. (Only spray bottles and not concentrate) I suggest you order TODAY off Amazon and the product will be at your door in 2-3 days.
← GREAT gloves for all your protection needs.
Note about killing winter weeds.
For most weed killers to work well the plant needs to be ACTIVE. That means it is up-taking the chemical you are applying and it will die. It’s best to watch the 10 day forecast and wait for a stretch of warmer, sunny weather to move in, then apply.
The easiest way FOR ME to ID weeds is to look through pictures.
Here is a good site → WEED ID
Weed Killing Spray for MULTIPLE Weeds
The below kills a broad spectrum of weeds including broadleaf weeds and grassy weeds. Make sure you read and follow the directions.
Available in various sizes.
Affordable Broad Leaf Killer – Bermuda and Fescue Lawns
This is an affordable broad leaf weed killer. This one quart will treat roughly 1.25 acres, 53,000 sq ft. It can be sprayed on lawns via the hose end sprayers use for other products. You can then use the left over to spot treat weeds with a tank sprayer.
Click pic to see app rates and grass types.
← CLICK FOR PRICE I love this product, although it can be tough to find in the 32 ounce concentrate size. Click the picture and you’ll find it on Amazon. I never rely on it being in stores. I order on a Wednesday and it’s here for the weekend. Works best above 50 degrees when weeds are active.
The 40 ounce treats 10,000 on Bermuda Grass
Actives: 1.61% Quinclorac; 4.85% 2,4-D dimethylamine salt;
0.45% Dicamba, dimethylamine salt
- Bayer All-In-One Lawn Weed & Crabgrass Killer I Concentrate 32oz Kills both lawn weeds plus Crabgrass without harming the lawn
- Kills over 200 of the most common broadleaf weeds, such as Dandelions and Clover
- Plus controls grassy weeds like Crabgrass
- Kills lawn weeds plus crabgrass without harming the lawn, when used as directed
- Kills over 200 of the most common broadleaf weeds, such as dandelions and clover
- Not for use on st. including floratam variety, , carpet grass, centipede grass or dichondra
- Won’t harm lawns when applied as directed; rainproof in 1 hour; plus controls grassy weeds like crabgrass
- Lawn can be mowed one to two days after spraying; 32 ounces
For broad leaf weed control that also contains a preemergent.
Doc has used this product on lawns FULL of weeds and barely any Bermuda grass left. Within 10 days you’ll seed most weeds dying off. Once the weeds have started to die, the Bermuda will naturally take over. Give the Bermuda some SUPER JUICE fertilizer to help it spread. Within 2-3 months you should see a pretty good lawn.
- PROPRIETARY 2-in-1 formula
- Post-Emergent: Kills existing listed broadleaf weeds
- Pre-Emergent: Prevents listed broadleaf weeds for up to 6 months*
- Won’t harm lawns1
- Apply anytime spring through fall when temperatures are between 50º-90ºF
- Rainproof in 1 hour
- 29 oz. Ready-To-Spray and 29 oz. Concentrate treat up to 4,500 sq. ft. for Northern turf, and up to 9,000 sq. ft for Southern turf
Have a BIG crabgrass problem?
Great professional product… but read directions.
Drive may cause some temporary yellowing in hybrid Bermuda lawns, but we have used it on lawns with a lot of crab grass with success. It is helpful to apply with surfactant. If you have a lot of crabgrass, this should do it.
To kill POA ANNUA and Nutsedge in Bermuda grass lawns.
For Weeds and Crabgrass in Bermuda grass lawns –