Fertilizing your lawn in the summer is not recommended by most. However if you truly understand how fertilizers work, and the make up of lawn fertilizers, you can apply a mild one. Doc talks about how to apply PGF Complete lawn fertilizer in the heat of the summer.
Summer Fertilizer Video
PGF Complete Lawn Fertilizer
- Blended fine fertilizer particle includes Humates which may increase turf quality and reduced nutrient requirements
- Contains MUtech coated slow release nitrogen to provide uniform growth with extended nitrogen feeding
- DG particles do not rely on a physical coating to release nutrients. Coated fertilizers (used by our competitors) are very susceptible to damage from mowers, resulting in premature nutrient release.
- Small particle size gives you twice the number of particles per square foot. DG particle disperse quickly and completely when watered, moving directly into the soil.
Summer Fertilizer Tips
- Apply PGF Complete at the standard rate, 5000 sq ft, on warm season lawns with irrigation.
- If no irrigation, the make one bag cover 6000 sq ft.
- On Cool Season grasses apply one bag for 6000 – 7000 sq ft.