Storm preparedness and preparing for emergencies has always been a “beef” of mine. The fact that 90% of the homes in the US have done ZERO planning or preparedness just blows my mind. (Not even enough for 24 – 48 hours) I guess SOMEONE… will save them, but it won’t be me. In this video and in the links below, I share my top SMALL tips that will help you prepare ONCE… and never have to worry about it again. That’s right take ONE DAY… prepare… and never have to think about it again.
From FEMA 2018 – “Embracing this culture of preparedness starts not in Washington, DC, but at home. We need to work to encourage everybody to question how prepared they are, and to act. Resiliency is more than just strengthening our buildings and other infrastructure, it’s making sure that our citizens have the proper tools and skill sets to reduce the impact of future disasters.”
Links to my top pic products… most you can get in 1-3 days.
The generator article / video is located >>> HERE
SIMPLY CLICK THE PICS for pricing and ordering.
30 year shelf life food. I buy ONLY the entrees.
- – Each 60 Serving Entrée Only Grab and Go Food Kit contains 2 servings per day (entrees only) for 1 adult for 1 month or 4 adults for 1 week
- Product within this bucket includes: – Savory Stroganoff (8 Servings) – Chili Macaroni (8 Servings) – Pasta Alfredo (8 Servings) – Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini (8 Servings) – Teriyaki and Rice (8 Servings)
- Our readymade meals are packed in airtight, nitrogen-packed 4 serving mylar pouches, and then encased in easy to carry, durable plastic containers.
- Wise Company takes an innovative approach in providing dependable, simple and affordable ready-made freeze dry and dehydrated meals for emergency preparedness and outdoor use.
- 144 serving packet of powdered eggs
- Great for emergency, outdoor, or everyday use
- No refrigeration required
- 25 year shelf life
- Convenient to store in 11.1 ounce sealed bucket
I LOVE this little stove. We used these hiking the Appalachian Trail over 30 years ago. Back then they were only white gas fuel, now they use both reg gas and white gas.
- Dual Fuel design conveniently burns Coleman Liquid Fuel or unleaded gasoline
- 1 gallon of Coleman Liquid Fuel lasts as long as 4.5 cylinders of propane
- Band-a-Blu burner for reliable cooking power
- All Season Strong technology provides reliable operation in all weather conditions
- 10,000 total BTUs of cooking power
- Fits a 6-in. pan
- Wind baffles help protect your burner from wind for maximum heat
Solar and Crank charger / lantern.
Love this thing…
- 5 CHARGING METHODS: Solar Powered, Crank Dynamo, Car Adapter,AC Adapter or 3 x AA Battery.
- GREEN POWER: Hand Crank Dynamo Solar 36 LED Lantern Outdoor Super Bright Camping Work Light
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Built in the Polysilicon solar panels, More brighter than the other camping light and lower energy consumption
- USB OUTPUT: An universal USB charging port for charging mobile phones and other devices (output: DC 5V/1A)
- 2 BRIGHTNESS MODES: Bright mode [adequate for reading and most normal activity], Super bright mode [extended vision or to share]
Solar and Crank Radio AM/FM/SW NOAA Weather Alert Radio
- A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator.
- The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well.
- To maximize the sunlight’s rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time.
25,000 mAh solar charger with 3 outlets.
You can’t get help… check the weather… or check on family if your phone is dead.
- Friendly Reminder: To enjoy the faster 2A input, please recharge with a 2A and above charger and the original data/charging cable (NOT included). Solar battery charger can recharge via power outlet or sunlight. It normally takes 85 hours to obtain a full recharge when the input current reaches 300mAh max in direct sunlight.
- Speedier recharge with Dual inputs: connect both Micro USB & USB-C ports simultaneously and refill the solar panel charger even faster
- 25000Mah & 3 outputs: powers three smartphones or tablets at once up to 5V/6.4a with quick charge, USB-C, and ismart charging ports; perfect addition to your outdoor camping Gear
- Built for outdoors: rugged construction is dust, shock and waterproof; LED emergency light works in strong, probe, and SOS modes; and attach the solar battery Pack with integrated hanging ring
Pancake mixes in foil bags have a “printed”2 year shelf life… which usually means double that FYI.
You can use this as “flour” or make biscuits with it.
Good info from the USDA website…
Freezer Foods: Food poisoning bacteria does not grow in the freezer, so no matter how long a food is frozen, it is safe to eat. Foods that have been in the freezer for months may be dry, or may not taste as good, but they will be safe to eat. So if you find a package of ground beef that has been in the freezer more than a few months, don’t throw it out. Use it to make chili or tacos. The seasonings and additional ingredients can make up for loss of flavor.
Canned goods: What about the foods in your pantry? Most shelf-stable foods are safe indefinitely. In fact, canned goods will last for years, as long as the can itself is in good condition (no rust, dents, or swelling). Packaged foods (cereal, pasta, cookies) will be safe past the ‘best by’ date, although they may eventually become stale or develop an off flavor. You’ll know when you open the package if the food has lost quality. Many dates on foods refer to quality, not safety.
Hurricane and Storm Checklist:
CASH – make sure you have SOME cash on hand as credit cards and debit cards require POWER to work. Try buying ice or food from a shop that has no phone lines or internet.
EVACUATION DRILL / BAGS – Do this once. Tell everyone in the house they can pack clothes and vital items for one week. What would they take? Tell them they have 30 minutes to decide. In the event of an evacuation, being EARLY is the key and KNOW where you would go. CASH… is vital, make sure you have some. PREP FOR YOUR PETS
GAS / FUEL – $10 a gallon gas is NOT a problem… not being able to GET $10 a gallon gas is… Fill up ALL vehicles and cans DAYS before a storm hits.
Hurricane Tracking Map
Click the pic to visit.