Redfish Channel Bass Fishing in Georgia
Recent trip to the Georgia shore for a Redfish fishing trip. Lots of great action during our recent trip to the Georgia shore for Redfish channel bass. Big Redfish / channel bass and some smaller slot fish as well.
Redfish /Channel Bass, (Sciaenops ocellatus,) usually occur in great supply along the coastal waters and have been found to weigh up to 75 pounds although most large ones average between 30 and 40 pounds. The most distinguishing mark on the red drum is one large black spot on the upper part of the tail base. Having multiple spots is not uncommon for this fish but having no spots is extremely rare. The color of red drum ranges from a deep blackish, coppery color to nearly silver. The most common color is reddish-bronze. Red drum is a fast growing fish reaching approximately 11 inches and one pound in its first year, 17-22 inches and 3 1/2 pounds in two years, and 22-24 inches and 6-8 pounds in three years. The record red drum was 94 pounds and was caught on the East coast.
Gear Doc used…
Rod – Click pic for price
The Ugly Stick GX2 Doc uses. You can get in the 6.5 foot or the 7 foot and the Med heavy gives you good casting but still good back bone.
Reel – Click for price
- Gear Ratio: 4.3:1, hand orientation: right, multiplier fishing reel
- Mono line capacity (lbs/yd): 12/390,14/330,17/250
- PowerPro line capacity (lbs/yd): 40/555,50/550,65/450
- Line retrieve per crank: 25 inch
- Weight: 13.2 ounce, Bearings: 1 ARB, dragforce: 14.0 lbs
Fishing Line bulk Spool – Click for options
This is BULK spool but there are many options when you go there.
40 pound line that is the same thickness as 12 pound mono.
Hooks – Click for price
- Significantly increase you chances of landing the catch
- Made environmentally friendly
- Used by professional anglers worldwide
- Color is black.
- Contains six per pack.
- Hook size is 6/0.
Weight Sliders click for price
- 1. Qunatity: 25Pcs Line Sinker Slides in a Free Handy Box
- 2. High Qulity Fish Finders with (Green) + #8 Nice Snap
- 3. Test: 100KG=220LB. Total Length: 2.2″aprox
- 4. Change Sinker Sizes or Take Sinkers Off without Cutting Your Line
- 5. Ideal for Braided Lines & a Must for Your Tackle Box
- Wide-range of single barrel sleeve sizes — This hand crimper crimps from 1.4mm smallest to 2.8mm largest copper / aluminum sleeves. (300 pcs free copper single barrel sleeves are included in the package)
- Firmly Crimp — Six little teeth that individual pressure points on the crimp make sure that crimps are tight and secure
- Non-slip — Ergonomic and Comfortable skid-proof grips make operation safer. It’s easy to smash the crimp sleeves with just one hand
- Rust-resistant and Durable — Made of forged and hardened high carbon steel for resisting to corrosion, suitable for Fresh and Salt water
- Best Gift — A portable but heavy-duty swager tool for every fishermen and angler who prepare their own shark fishing rigs and wire leaders, etc
- Size: 10meter/32.8ft/9 Yards 100 LB Wire Leader select.
- Includes 10 pcs crimps sleeves FOR FREE.Black and Silver are available.
- Perfect for Toothy Fish–7 strands of stainless steel wire cable with vinyl coating.Ideal for all types of toothy fish.
- Corrosion Resistant & Not Brittle–stainless steel wrie leader coated vinyl.On the one hand, increase the tension, on the other hand, can prevent rust.
- Easy to Knot–High grade of steel wire and coating process makes wire tough and flexible,extremely easy to knot.
- 1002 Frabill 36″ Bridge/Pier Net
- Heavy duty 36″ diameter steel hoop
- 36″ deep heavy black ply netting with 1 1/2″ mesh
- Pre-rigged with 50′ of rope
- A favorite for netting fish from elevated piers or bridges